Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Flounder: 2 Ways

Dinner last night was flounder. I decided to try a recipe that I never had before. I turned to the Flounder in Spicy Tomato Sauce (page161, Spice and Spirit), but I also knew that realistically, I would not be able to get my 2 younger ones to taste it. So I realized that a second option had to be made. I went for the Basic Fried Flounder (page 160) or as my kids call it 'schnitzel fish'.
The spicy sauce wasn't too much of a hit. My oldest (the only one of my boys would try it) said it was too fishy. My husband didn't find it very flavorful or spicy enough. I didn't find it too bad, but not really great either. I guess that wont recipe won't become a regular one around here.
Everyone ate the fried flounder happily. (some with lemon juice, others ate it plain)

No comments:

Post a Comment