Tuesday, May 22, 2012

No-Egg Cookies

Purple Cookbook Project: Week 3, Day 3.
Yesterday, I made egg kichlach, today it's eggfree.  No, I'm not turning vegan.  I was flipping through the cookie section and came across this recipe.  Funny how I've turned these pages so many times, yet I never noticed this particular one.  It's a simple cookie, with only 4 ingredients (yup you read right, only 4).  This was perfect timing, since I'm having a little guest for Shavuot who has an egg allergy.  Now I'll have a delicious baked snack, of No-Egg Cookies (Spice and Spirit, page 405), for this precious boy.
These cookies are actually very good with that drier texture like bakery cookies.


4 comments:

  1. I must try these. My son & I are allergic to eggs.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, they really are easy to make. Enjoy!

      Delete
  2. you didn't post the recipe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Emilia,
    If you've been following my blog, you'd notice that I'm right now going through the Spice and Spirit cookbook,ntrying out and taking pictures of one of the best kosher cookbooks out there. Because I don't want to infringe on copyright, I cannot retype the cookbook, I do provide reference to where in the cookbook it can be found.
    I can provide individual recipes when requested.
    No-egg cookies: 1 cup cornstarch, 1cup confectioners sugar, 2 cups flour, 1 1/2 cups margarine Mix together to form smooth dough. Form small balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Press down with fork. Bake @ 300 for 30min.
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete